Thursday, March 5, 2009

Chuck Bailey Leaves For New Zealand

Birmingham, Mich - The Detroit Panthers announced today, Thursday, March 5 that small forward, Charles "Chucky" Bailey will leave for Europe this Saturday. Bailey received a call from the New Zealand Bay Hawks, a National Basketball League (NBL) team, on Tuesday. "We are going to really miss Chucky," stated Bill Jones, assistant general manager and head coach of the Panthers. "His tough defensive and offensive style has been a great asset for our team."

Leaving his hometown of Detroit and moving to New Zealand is a major change for him but according to Bailey he is up for the challenge. "I want to thank the Panthers Organization for allowing me to play in my home town. I have enjoyed playing for them as well as the PBL. I am ready to branch out and see what else is in store for me," says Bailey. "Chucky always gave us 110 percent when he was on the court. I have grown very fond of him," states Kevin A. Carter, general manager and owner of the Panthers. "I hate to see him go but I'm very happy for him and I know he will do well in New Zealand."

Bailey is not only taking great basketball skills but he also is leaving with a spirit of giving and caring for the community. "He always stepped up and volunteered when the Panthers had any community service opportunities available. He is a good person and I wish him all the best," said Phoenicia Jackson, Director of Public Relations for the Detroit Panthers.

No comments:

Post a Comment